This year’s Olympic hockey tournament in Beijing was a thrilling event to watch, and the final match between the United States and Canada was especially thrilling. Here are five things you need to know about the game if you want to follow it next year.
How the Olympic ice hockey tournament works
The Olympic ice hockey tournament takes place over a period of two weeks at the Beijing National Stadium. The teams are divided into two groups and play each other in a round-robin format. The top team from each group moves on to the semi-finals. In the semi-finals, the second and third placed teams from each group compete against each other. The winner of the semi-final moves on to play in the Olympic final, which is held at the Beijing National Stadium.
1) How the Olympic ice hockey tournament works
The Olympic ice hockey tournament is a round-robin format. Each team plays all of the other teams in their group. The top team from each group moves on to the semi-finals. In the semi-finals, the second and third placed teams from each group compete against each other. The winner of the semi-final moves on to play in the Olympic final, which is held at the Beijing National Stadium.
2) How countries qualify for the Olympic ice hockey tournament
A country can qualify for the Olympic ice hockey tournament by winning their continental championship or by being one of the top five ranked teams in world hockey. However, if a country has already qualified for another event at the Olympic Games, they are not allowed to qualify for the ice hockey tournament.
The eight teams competing
1. Canada is the defending Olympic champion, and they are considered the heavy favorites to win again this year. The team is led by captain Sidney Crosby, who is one of the best players in the world.
2. The United States is another strong contender, and they are led by captain Ryan Suter. He has played for the Minnesota Wild for many years and is one of the best defensemen in the NHL.
3. Russia is a team that many people are expecting to do well this year. They have some of the best young players in the world, and they will be looking to make a statement at this tournament.
4. Sweden is a team that many people are expecting to do well this year. They have had some great success in recent years, and their players are experienced enough to compete at this level.
5. Finland is a relatively new team that many people are watching closely this year. They have a number of talented players, and they will be looking to make a name for themselves at this tournament.
The venues for the tournament
The Beijing 2022 Olympic ice hockey tournament will take place in five different venues across the city. Here are five things to know about each of them:
1. The Beijing Ice and Snow Sports Centre will host the opening and closing ceremonies, as well as all the Group A matches.
2. The Oriental Sports Center will be home to Group B matches, along with the quarter-finals, semi-finals, and bronze medal match.
3. The National Indoor Stadium will host Group C matches, as well as the final and gold medal match.
4. The Chaoyang Sports Center will be home to Group D matches, as well as the first round of the playoffs.
5. The Zhangjiakou Indoor Stadium will be used for group stage games that are not scheduled to be played at one of the other stadiums.
How to watch the games
There are many ways to watch the Olympic ice hockey games in Beijing, and here are five of the best.
Webcast: The worldwide webcast of the Olympic ice hockey games will be available at www.livestream.com/olympicchannel starting with the men’s preliminary round on Aug. 14 at 10 a.m. EDT (1500 GMT).
Olympic Channel: The Olympic Channel, Official TV Partner of the Olympic Games, will exclusively televise all 64 medal events LIVE for free in more than 100 countries and territories, including North America, Central America and the Caribbean; Australia; New Zealand; South Africa; India; Pakistan; Sri Lanka; Bangladesh and Afghanistan. Click here to find out where you can see the games live.
NBC Sports Live Extra: NBC Sports Live Extra will have exclusive coverage of all United States games streamed live on www.nbcsportsliveextra.com and on the NBC Sports app for mobile devices. Coverage begins with the women’s preliminary round Aug. 13 at 7 p.m. ET (2200 GMT).
Olympic Broadcasting Services: The official broadcaster of the Winter Olympiad in Pyeongchang, South Korea will provide live
What to bring to the games
1. If you plan on attending the Olympic ice hockey games in Beijing, here are some essential things to bring with you: a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, a blanket and a chair.
2. Ticket prices for the games vary depending on the seat location you choose. However, general admission tickets typically cost 800 yuan (approximately $130) per person.
3. The best way to find out about any changes that may have been made to the game schedule is through official media outlets or by following the official social media accounts of the Chinese Olympic Committee (COCC).
4. If you experience any problems while in Beijing, do not hesitate to reach out for help to either local police officers or hotel security personnel.
5. Be sure to arrive early and enjoy some of Beijing’s famous cuisine before arriving at the stadium!
What to eat and drink while at the games
1. If you are looking for food and drink options while at the games, be sure to check out the Olympic Food Village located near Gate 3. This area has restaurants and food stands open during all hours of the night, so you can get your fix no matter what time of day it is.
2. If you want to watch the games from the comfort of your own chair, there are several public viewing areas available around Beijing. Many of these vantage points are within walking distance from the Olympic Stadium, so you won’t have to worry about transportation costs.
3. Finally, if you’re feeling brave (or just want to see some really CRAZY goals), head to one of the fan zones located near the ice surface. These zones are packed with fans who are ready to roar their support for their favorite athletes.
As preparations for the Beijing 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Games get underway, there are a number of important things to know about ice hockey. In this article, we give you five key points to keep in mind as you watch the games unfold. From rosters to officiating, make sure that you’re up-to-date on all the latest news and information related to Olympic ice hockey at Beijing 2022!