Cricket is one of the oldest sports in the world and is a very popular game all over the world. With so many people playing this sport, it’s hard to choose just one player as the best in history. In this blog post, we will list out the best cricketer in history, based on their overall performance in the sport.
The criteria for being named the best cricket player of all time
There are a few factors that must be considered when selecting the best cricket player of all time. Firstly, the player must be an incomparable genius with superb batting and bowling skills. Secondly, they must have had a lasting impact on the sport, leading their team to numerous victories and accolades. And finally, their popularity amongst cricket fans worldwide must be taken into account. With those prerequisites in mind, here are the ten best cricket players of all time according to their fans:
1) Sachin Tendulkar- One of the most popular and successful cricketers in history, Tendulkar has been awarded with many prestigious titles including three World Cups and twenty-four international centuries. He is also one of only eleven batsmen to have scored over 50,000 runs in international cricket.
2) Sir Donald Bradman- The ‘Don’ was perhaps the greatest batsman of all time and is widely credited with setting the standard for Test cricket. He scored an incredible 99 Test centuries – the most by any player in history – and is also the only player to have scored a century in each of the first four decades of Test cricket.
3) Michael Clarke- A consistent performer throughout his career, Clarke has captained Australia to numerous victories and accolades, including two World Cups. He is also the highest scoring Australian batsman of all time, with over 34,000 career runs.
4) Sir Viv Richards- One of the greatest all-rounders in cricket history, Richards holds many records including the most Test matches played (51), most Test centuries (20), and the most number of consecutive centuries (seven). He was also inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame in 2007.
5) Brian Lara- One of the greatest batsmen in global cricket history, Lara holds many records including the most Test centuries (41), most number of wickets taken (534), and the most number of 50s scored in one innings (six). He was also awarded with the prestigious ICC Cricket Hall of Fame award in 2003.
6) Sachin Tendulkar vs Michael Clarke – The rivalry between these two cricketing legends is as intense as it is legendary. Known for their explosive batting abilities, these two players have battled it out on many an occasion, with Tendulkar often coming out on top.
7) Rahul Dravid- Often considered one of the best fielders in crickethistory, Dravid has amassed over 12,000 runs in Tests and also holds the record for most catches in a Test innings (107). He was also awarded with the prestigious ICC Cricket Hall of Fame award in 2007.
8) Don Bradman vs Wally Hammond – The greatest rivalry in cricket history is that between Australia’s Don Bradman and England’s Wally Hammond. Known for their blistering batting skills, these two players went head to head many times during their illustrious careers, with Bradman often coming out on top.
9) Wasim Akram- One of the most explosive bowlers in cricket history, Akram holds numerous world records including the most wickets taken in a calendar year (246), and the most wickets in a Test match (86). He was also inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame in 2007.
10) Ian Botham- Often considered one of the dirtiest batsmen in cricket history, Botham has amassed over 12,000 runs in Test matches and is renowned for his aggressive batting style. He was also awarded with the prestigious ICC Cricket Hall of Fame award in 2003.
Those are the ten best cricket players of all time according to their fans. Whichever player you choose as your favourite, you can be sure that they will be a true legend in the sport.
This blog post will list out the best cricketer in history. The best cricket player of all time is undoubtedly Sachin Tendulkar. He has won multiple awards, including being named the “Greatest Ever Cricketer” by Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack and was also elected to the International Cricket Council (ICC) Hall of Fame in 2003. His achievements are simply unmatched and he will go down as one of the greatest sportsmen ever.